Monday, August 31, 2009

No Prayer Request Too Big or Too Small

I've been thinking for some time now about how we (I) put God in a box sometimes. How we try to limit Him as to what He can accomplish based on our human standards. I have had the opportunity to approach God's throne in prayer so many times in recent months. "God please heal my son and deliver him from the horrible pain he is in." "God please let my daughter's seizure disorder be easily treated. Please let her brain and heart studies be normal." "God, could you please cure my husband's cancer? We are such a team and I need him. I know it is aggressive and advanced, but please let him achieve total remission." Then this past Sunday morning: "God, I'm tired, stressed, I'm trying to make breakfast and get lunch started at the same time. I'm on my way to teach Sunday school and worship you. Give me a break--I just need to find my slip in these 3 baskets of unfolded laundry so I can get ready." And there it was. In my hand. Can He cure disease? Ask Russell who is in total remission. Ask Caleigh who has a healthy brain and heart and is responding well to seizure medication. Can He help with pain? Conner ran a mile today. Will He do something as "small" as help me with my stressful schedule? I believe He can and He will and He has and He does. Just ask!

2 comments:

  1. this is so what i needed to hear today...we do box Him in so much...we want to trust but that takes so much...trust..haha....i got some bad news that my insurance won't cover my surgery. i need that surgery...im gonna die without it...i know that is satans way of bringing me down making me feel like the creator of the universe just doesnt want me to live....but He does and I believe with everything in me that he will make a way...satan cant steal my joy today. i love you for so many reasons but my favorite one is that not only are you my blood you are my sister in Him...praying for you! love you more than words

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is..........He can.............He will!! Hang in there........I think He has special plans for your family. Love you, Ruth

    ReplyDelete