Monday, August 17, 2009

And So It Begins

You might be a teacher in a small rural school in the wilds of south Texas if part of your inservice involves information on how to avoid being spooked by the bat colony's activities...the bat colony that took up residence in your school over the summer...I wouldn't lie about this. We even have, are you ready for this? ...a "bat man". I respect the little mammals, but I don't care to be around when they are swooping about...and 20 of them flying around the halls at one time is more than I can handle. Things seemed to have calmed down, though now we are talking about the ag teacher building something called a bat house for them to roost in. I don't quite understand, do you then have someone sneak up on the bat house and carry it far far away once they go to sleep? Just asking. It is after 11 pm and my family has not eaten dinner. Better get that done and go to bed. Don't judge me, I'll get on track next week and get the family on track with me. Things are just a little crazy at the moment. It's enough to drive one batty. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment