Friday, August 28, 2009

Let's Hear it for the Weekend!!!

I have never been so ready for a weekend in all my life. Although I feel like a bad mother for not being at the football game tonight to watch my son perform at halftime and support my Yellowjackets, I am so thankful to just be HOME!! Oh how I am ready to be at home for a couple of days. My first week of kindergarten was okay as first weeks go. I knew that it would be a little more intense than 3rd grade, but I wasn't prepared for how tired I have been. Bone aching, mind numbing, unbelievably tired. Being sick hasn't helped at all, but maybe I will adjust quickly. Not to being sick, but to school...oh, you know what I mean. I am already in love with my students. They each have such unique, cute personalities. Enough about school, though it's funny how living there 12-15 hours a day makes it the main subject I talk about.

GREAT NEWS!! Russell had his scans yesterday and saw Dr. B today--he got a thumbs up--still in remission! Everything is going very well and we are so thankful to all of you who are praying and thankful to the Great Physician who is in control of it all. Dr. B did lecture him about some moles that he came across in his exam today that he didn't like the looks of at all. We will now meet a dermatologist to add to our family of doctors. Whatever it takes to keep him healthy but sheesh, all we need is one more doctor to address one more health concern. Caleigh also got a good report from the neurologist yesterday. She is doing well on the new meds and we will see him in a month to check on things again.

That's about all I know. Hope your weekend is a restful, happy one. Oh, and don't call me before noon tomorrow. I think I have earned some sleeping late! If you really need something, I'm sure Caleigh will be up eating cold cereal or pop tarts, she'll be glad to take a message. Good night! sb

No comments:

Post a Comment