Saturday, August 1, 2009

Meanwhile Down At The Ranch...

Here is the most handsome, kindhearted, intelligent, loving cowboy in the whole world...says his Auntie! We finally got to go to Kerrville this weekend and enjoy watching this young cowboy who is taking the rodeo circuit by storm. Okay, so he is at least rocking the mutton bustin' scene. We met up with my parents Friday evening and drove to Bandera to the Twin Elm Guest ranch rodeo to watch Jake and visit with my sister Michelle. Jake got 2nd place and according to the grandparents (who are now local rodeo regulars in the area) is getting better each week. He actually got first place last week and also rode (a horse, not a sheep) all by himself in the grand entry parade. He went to cowboy camp this summer and the lady who worked with him told Michelle that he is an absolute natural. I will continue to support him until he switches to bull riding, at which time there is not enough Valium in the world for me to watch. I had a hard enough time watching guys I didn't even know Friday night. The second picture is of the Young Guns (self named, I kid you not) who have dreams of being in the PBR someday. Is that even how you say that??? Oh well, good luck Cutter, Riley and Jake. I'm already praying.

1 comment: