Monday, November 1, 2010

Giving Thanks--Day 1

Oooh I debated mightily, with myself, as to whether or not I would participate in this for November 2010. I knew I would be giving thanks in my heart...but to share? Not sure. Then I reread my posts from last November. I didn't always keep up daily, sometimes I gave thanks for 2 or so days in a row. But rereading it was a powerful experience. In the midst of the chaos and stress, I felt a sense of calm...I even laughed out loud a time or two and sort of fell in love all over again with some of my blessings. In a world that doesn't always give us affirmation, we sometimes have to claim our own. I think I've made that clear of late. Counting our blessings is a great way to start. With all that being said, once you have shared in this way there's some pressure to come up with different posts. No promises, but I'm going to try to be very spontaneous and go with the first thing that pops into my mind each day for which I am thankful. Here we go...

Today I am thankful for sunrises. I saw a beautiful one this morning and it brought to mind the old saying "Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky at morning, sailors take warning." Or something like that. Interestingly, we are under a severe weather watch right now. But I digress. That sunrise spoke to me. It said: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?" I think that sunrise was telling me that whatever each day holds, I am covered. Something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment