Friday, November 12, 2010

12th Day of Thanksgiving--Prayer

Today I am thankful for prayer. I'm not going to preach a sermon about it, so you can relax. Books have been written about it, Bible studies designed around it, people have certainly argued about it. It's supposedly absent in our schools, though I'm here to tell you that isn't the case. From my earliest memories of bedtime prayers and prayers around the dinner table, to times when I have literally fallen to my knees in wordless prayer...it is a part of my life. I have gone through some times when all I could seem to utter was "Listen to my heart." When I'm facing a crisis, there are certain people that I want praying with and for me. You know those people. Our family has been blessed beyond measure with a multitude of people who pray for us and I love and appreciate every single one of them. Truly something to be thankful for.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which
transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ
Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).



No comments:

Post a Comment