Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 9--Thankful for Second Chances

This week I'm in the midst of parent-teacher conferences in my classroom. I am maybe one of the few teachers who actually enjoy this process. I blame it on the data loving psychologist in me or maybe it's that I've worked with families in one way or another my entire career--I don't know. For some reason I just like sitting down with parents and talking about their child and their family. Sometimes when they come in you can see the concern. But I just love to watch the smiles when I start to tell them something GOOD about their little one. Everyone has something positive about them you know. Everyone. This morning as I was walking a mom to the door, she noticed her child's name was still on yellow (our behavior chart) from the day before. Since this was at 7:30 this morning, she was concerned that he was already in trouble. I laughed and quickly moved his name back to green. I said, "We all start on green every morning." And then it hit me. Yes, yes we do. We ALL start on green every morning. No matter how difficult yesterday was, it's back to green and a fresh start. Another day, another chance. I'm thankful for second chances.

1 comment:

  1. russellb95@yahoo.comNovember 9, 2010 at 10:42 PM

    I love it... and I Love You! There is a sermon there!!

    ReplyDelete