Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 10--Friends Are a Gift

I have been frustrated this past week or so. I haven't talked about it much, but I am extremely disappointed with the results of my procedure at this point. I know that I have to give my body at least 3 months or so to heal etc. , but thus far there is just no relief. This, combined with some added stresses at home and at school, has left me with less than a sparkly personality. It happens-- rough times come and go, physical pain comes and goes, stress comes...and stays. I admit that sometimes when I hear the alarm I cringe and this morning was no exception. Nothing seemed to go smoothly, tempers flared (insert sound of needle scratching on a record). This is supposed to be a THANKSGIVING post. My 7:30 a.m. appointment didn't show. Wait for it, wait for it...So I had time to read my email before school. And then my day turned around. I received the sweetest email from my friend Betty. I actually have about 5 sweet friends named Betty. Interesting, huh? The lady I'm talking about is my mom's best friend and has been a part of my life for a very long time. And just a quick email from her today made all the difference in my morning.

This got me to thinking about friends--and how blessed I am. There are good acquaintances, childhood friends who know WAY too much about me, older friends, younger friends, friends I don't see or talk to very often but whom I love dearly. I have new friends that I'm excited to get to know better, friends that are related to me, a friend that I'm married to, and a few friends that I didn't even know were my friends until they friended me on facebook. I have friends who have stood by me through very dark times...and I with them. Everyone should have at least one friend that you can call or text in the middle of the night...and they will answer. I do. What a gift! Thank you God for friends who just "happen" to show up when I need them most. Love you Betty!

No comments:

Post a Comment