Saturday, October 3, 2009

Another Crazy Busy Saturday

Last Saturday, as you will remember, I enjoyed a 21 hour workday. This week, only about 14 hours. I was blessed to be able to attend the 26th annual Kindergarten Teachers of Texas conference (KTOT) in Corpus Christi. The positives included a great conference with a lot of practical ideas as well as some validation for what I have been doing so far this year. Dr. Jean Feldman was there, and a wonderfully humorous award winning cartoonist and author, Mike Artell. The downside, I don't enjoy a 5 a.m. wakeup. Also, the drive home was treacherous. The weather was so bad that we felt fortunate to make it back. There was unbelievable cloud to ground lightening and rain that was torrential. The water runoff from the fields looked like raging waterfalls all along the highway, the ditches were overflowing and water covered much of the road. It made for a slow, tense drive home, but thankfully we made it safe and sound.

This non-stop craziness is going to have to end in the near future. I need some downtime. I feel like I have literally been on an out of control carnival ride for 7 days now, with very little rest. But how much fun to be a part of AFC Aggie weekend last week, and how blessed I was to attend a great conference, and Conner even got a haircut! And thank you God for the rain...which I hear again on my patio...which will be great to fall asleep to.

No comments:

Post a Comment