Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Welcome to My Monday, No Tuesday, Wait...

It really has been a Monday kind of day. It seems that a three day weekend doesn't bode well for Tuesday in Kindergarten. Oh, it was an interesting day to say the least. My usually sweet little students had glazed over, strange looks on their faces all day. They were somewhat mean to each other and not so nice to the teacher either. It is always a battle at math time regarding who gets to sit by the teacher on the floor, today it was World War III. Walking in line is a challenge still, even after 7 weeks, today it was seemingly impossible. The two worst words that kindergarten students know (stupid & shut up) were both heard in my room today (not by the teacher--come on now!), and much scribbling was seen on papers. All I could think of at 3:20 was a line from The Cosby Show when one of Rudy's teachers had a hard day at school..."You go home, and YOU go home, all of you go home. And I am going to go home, and take a bubble bath, and re-examine my life." And I am going to eat a brownie, because that helps. (my words, not Cosby's) I KNOW tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment