Sunday, October 11, 2009

Life Just Doesn't Get Any Better Than This...

I LOVE cool rainy Sunday afternoons. There is no school tomorrow, so I don't feel the pressure to do anything there. My house has been messy for so long that it really doesn't even matter anymore. I can just BE, at least for this afternoon. I found my comfiest puppy dog pj's (Caleigh and I have matching!), sent Russell off to prison for the afternoon, and I am headed for some blissful solitude. My kids are now old enough that they have no problems finding entertainment for themselves. The one thing that is bugging me at the moment is that I didn't get any pictures at marching contest yesterday. I had my camera, but at Judson early in the morning it was SO COLD that I couldn't think straight. Plus, I was as nervous as the kids. Then, somehow between the two shows, I got really sick. I'm not sure what happened but I couldn't even get out of the car at Harlandale. I listened to the performance. So, on one of the biggest days of my son's life thus far, I totally failed to get pictures. C'est la vie I suppose. There will be many more days to commemorate. His aunt Gigi did get one picture, and thanks to her his baptism a few years ago is on video and YouTube. I try. My peaceful afternoon is calling to me now.......

No comments:

Post a Comment