Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Day I Slept Through Blogging...and everything else.

You know you must be tired when you come home from work early to take your child to the doctor, return home from said appointment and collapse in bed only to wake up 8 hours later. I was OUT! The only thing I did at 11:30 when I woke up was eat a small snack, take my daily medication, and go back to bed. So how does one feel after about 13 hours of sleep? Tired. You heard me, I am still tired. My job is taking every bit of energy I have, plus a large amount that I DON'T have. The result, I am just tired all the time. I am tired of saying I'm tired, I am tired of being tired. I love teaching, I love kids, I don't love the stress or the neverending nature of my job. My quest for perfection and the very nature of what I do cause an imbalance in my life. I have a small class, and we have some big problems. Out of respect for privacy and a sense of professionalism, I can't discuss the problems. Just know that they weigh heavily on me. If you are one of those people who think that teachers play all day, please say a prayer for yourself and one for me. I really need it right now. Tomorrow is Friday and I will think of some blessings to count.

No comments:

Post a Comment