Monday, October 26, 2009

Cold Front and Kindergarten Collide

Oh. My. Goodness. The day started out rather well for a Monday and turned on me. Wow. There really isn't anything else to say. Don't you love it when I quote Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse? If you haven't read it you should, it's by Kevin Henkes and it's one of Caleigh's all-time favorites (and mine!). I am feeling somewhat better after all the sleep I got Sunday. I really think that is the only way my body was going to start healing. I have felt much better overall today, though the cough is back now that it is nighttime. I am going to go to take the knockout medicine after I post this and try to get a good night's sleep. Millie and I had issues last night. Evidently she was cold and we fought over bed space all night. Who knew a small Boston Terrier could take up so much room? I knew they were snugglers but Sugar never slept in the bed with us. This dog is s-p-o-i-l-e-d. Shh...don't tell her. When we got home from school the kids put her sweater on her that we bought on clearance last summer when the temp was 143 degrees. She is much more appreciative now than when they insisted on trying it on her in July.

For those who don't follow me on facebook (Mom & Dad!) I will close tonight with something truly amazing. Several days ago Conner mentioned that he was really considering playing basketball this season. My heart and stomach lurched at the same time (all moms know that feeling). I didn't say much, except that we would support him whatever he decided. All I could think about were the endless nights that I watched him writhing in pain on the floor due to the pain he was in. I pictured him as he was just 2 short years ago, in a wheelchair unable to put weight on his feet/legs at all. Today he got in the car and announced that he will be #12 on the basketball court. He starts practice on November 6 and has a game the following Monday. I don't know exactly what will happen--I feel that he will pass the physical. He has been doing some conditioning and has made quite a bit of progress. Whatever happens, I know he will give it his all. Oh, and he will be playing tennis and golf as well. How can anyone not believe that God is alive and well?

No comments:

Post a Comment