Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Count Your Blessings Name Them One by One

I have been trying to focus more on the blessings of this life and less on the struggles. It may not show here on my blog, but I will try to do better. Some things that come to my mind tonight...
1. The love of family, near and far, close and extended.
2. My marriage. He even took me to a $5 jewelry sale at the hospital this evening. What more could I want?
3. My children. They make me smile. Caleigh and I have cuddle time early every morning. Conner and I have TV/talk time every night. Needless to say I treasure early morning and late evening.
4. When my students' faces light up as I greet them at the door with a handshake every morning.
5. Friends. I feel especially blessed by the prayers of friends.
6. Church family, not just the ones here in Kenedy, but all over the place. Sweet fellowship.
7. Knowing that my basic needs are met and those of my family. I see examples everyday of how fortunate we are and how much there is to do in this world.

And on, and on, and on....

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. My life is better because you are in it. You are one of my biggest heroes. I know sometimes life is hard and we get tired...you never give in...you keep going and you do amazing at it. I love you so much my sweet sweet sister...and I miss you soooooo terribly bad (not to mention your amazing hubby and my two precious babies). Gods light is in you and you are being used....never forget that!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete