Thursday, October 8, 2009

What To Do On a Rare Day Off

How did I get a day off you ask? Because we are having to see Caleigh's neurologist more often right now while we titrate her medications, today we made that dreadful trip to the Medical Center. Instead of working this morning then making a flying trip to SA, I took the whole day. My plan was to sleep in a little, clean my house, do laundry, and casually drive to get Caleigh and make a NON-rushed trip to SA. Ha ha ha ha ha. I woke up feeling AWFUL this morning, achy body, sore throat, coughing. I dragged myself out of bed, made a puny attempt at cleaning the house, didn't get ANY laundry done, ran late getting to Runge to get Caleigh, and FLEW to SA, arriving 5 minutes late to our appointment. Thankfully our neurologist loves us and it was all good. She had a good checkup--he feels that we are on third base in our quest for a homerun in treating her epilepsy. We ran around SA looking for Russell a flu shot, didn't have any luck, then FLEW back to Kenedy to get Conner to band practice, 30 minutes late. So, on a rare day off, what did I do??? Nothing new.

Send the Yellowjacket band some positive thoughts on Saturday. They will be marching Saturday morning at Judson, then Saturday afternoon at Harlandale. We will be the bleary eyed people following them around all day. (Yes, another Saturday for the record books!) Go Band!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment