Thursday, September 17, 2009

What Did We Do Before Facebook?

I made the number one mistake of all times for a mom in the year 2009--I referred to my son's bottom on facebook. His immediate response? I AM GOING TO DEFRIEND YOU! In my difficult teen years, did I ever threaten to defriend you Mom and Dad? Did I ever follow up with "And I will deny all your friend requests for the rest of my life?" I didn't think so. Life is so very different now. I am hearing from people almost daily that I haven't seen or heard from in years. We are casually catching up on each other lives over the past 10 to 20 years in some cases. I would have a hard time picking up the phone and calling someone from the past, but I can type a message with no qualms. I chat with my sisters, sisters-in-law, mom-in-law, cousins, aunts and uncles, friends...communicated often over the summer with my oldest niece who was studying and playing in Italy. This blog allows me to keep my family up to date on the kids, Russell, our lives in general. The world seems to be getting smaller in so many ways. Is this good? Bad? I would love to hear what you think. Regarding Conner's bottom, he got two shots today at the doctors' office. The upside, he is feeling much better already. Now if I can just get back on his friend list...

No comments:

Post a Comment