Tuesday, September 8, 2009

We're Part of the Family

Do you know the song? It's lovingly referred to as "All in the Family" at our congregation thanks to our dear sister Faye who has gone on to sing it in Heaven. If you can get the picture of Archie Bunker out of your head, think about the words..."When a loved one meets sorrow, we all feel the pain..." I had a call from a friend tonight who is going through that valley--I received the call because I have walked the same path. As I listened to the pain and frustration in her voice, I fought back tears of my own. I felt transported to a time in the recent past when I watched my own child suffer and felt that answers were never going to come. This isn't someone I talk to every day, but we share the bond of Christ and we are moms who love our children and would do anything for them. Except sometimes we can't...and that hurts. Even as I watch Conner grow stronger each day, I know that there are others at another point on the path we have been on. Please pray for hurting children and hurting parents tonight, and that they will be covered with peace and sweet rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment