Sunday, September 20, 2009

Welcome Home and Job Well Done!


I am sitting at my computer in Smalltown, TX USA this afternoon but my thoughts are in North Carolina. I am joining many others in prayers of thanksgiving today as my friend Christi and her children welcome Ryan home from deployment to Iraq. He is with, hopefully I will get this right, 1st Bn 2nd MarDiv out of Camp LeJeune and is a hospital corpsman. Christi and I met as we were completing our teacher certification through LeTourneau University's Graduate and Professional Studies program in Austin. We have prayed for each other through life's storms over the past few years, and rejoiced for one another when all was well. She is an incredibly strong and Godly woman, a fantastic mother, but I am sure she is thrilled to have the one who completes her back on American soil today. For you Kerrville people, this is amazing to me, she is neighbors and good friends in NC with Laura Plaster McGuire and her family.
Thanks Ryan, for a job well done. And thanks to all the men and women who serve our country day in and day out, at the expense of their own safety and time with their loved ones. Welcome home!

No comments:

Post a Comment