Friday, September 4, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Didn't get to post last night because our football game was moved to Thursday night and we were out until almost 11 p.m. Between my lllooonnnngggg week in Kindergarten and acting as a bouncer at the game (there's a reason teachers get in free) I just came home, did laundry, and collapsed. I wouldn't have done laundry but today was wear your college colors day and my Maroon Out shirt was dirty. It is so cool when our faculty wears their college colors, we have more maroon per capita than any other small school I know. Just in my hall there were six A&M shirts, including my principal. That's one of the reasons I love my job! Now, for some snippets from the past two weeks from the other reasons I love my job (my students):
1. While reading a book to them about chameleons--"Mrs. Briley, can I look at that picture of those Canadians?"
2. "My foot has a headache and it wants to go home now."
3. Me: Oh boys and girls, you are SO SMART! Kinder Friend: Ms. Garcia made us that way! (their Pre-K teacher... I hope they remember me next year!)
Have a blessed and restful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment