Friday, July 30, 2010

Trying to Make Time Stand Still....Doesn't Work

This I know. Whether trying to hang on to your own youth, your babies, or even the fleeting days of summer vacation...time moves on. Rapidly. I was sitting in an interview this morning and the candidate made the comment, "I didn't want to be in school until I'm 40 (emphasis on the 40) or something." Yikes. Certainly there are worse things than being 40 (ish) but sometimes I just feel OLD--especially lately. My very bright and observant 9 yr. old has noticed that some of her friends have more youthful Moms. Oh, she's polite about it. Like the day she shouts from the playroom "MOM, MOM--did you know there's a cream to take away wrinkles for people over 40? Just thought you might like to know!!" Thanks sweetie. I'll keep that in mind. Next time you want something from me. Seriously, I have been struggling for almost a year now with where it is that I see myself going--mainly with my career. Too late to worry about being in school 'til I'm 40. Do I want to go back to school? Am I meant to keep teaching? Do I need wrinkle cream?

1 comment:

  1. Follow what's in your heart! Life is much too short to just Wade through. Good luck.... And I checked out the wrinkle cream after this last birthday.... Just being cautious.

    ReplyDelete